Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Lot Like Love


The last time we saw each other was a year ago. I loved that touch and the way we looked just perfect together. I'd look into the mirror and feel complete. Every time I went out, I'm sure there were about 10 girls who looked at me all green-eyed. 

As time passed, we both grew up. It wasn't the same anymore. My reflection wasn't the same. It was time to let go. But I knew he wouldn’t be gone forever, I knew he'd come back to me, whenever I wanted him to! “Till then, I should try and get used to my new self,” I thought to myself. I started to understand a part of me that wasn't pretty, didn't get any attention, but was still likeable.

Gradually, I started liking myself more. There were people around me to whom it didn't even matter how my world had changed! They never let me feel how my world had changed over the past year.

“It is all in the head…”

Everything was the same again. The world shone ever so brightly. The seasons came and went like every other year. The days and nights were more obedient than they had ever been before.

And then one fine day, from the abyss of time, appeared a sublime image of us in my head. It was a sign. I realised that it was time to get him back. We had to unite. We were always meant to be together. I was craving to see us together again. That is when I visited the barber again and got myself the same hair-cut like last year’s. Well, for now, we’re inseparable and it does feel a lot like love!

No comments:

Post a Comment